DO YOU HIRE RECENT TRUCK SCHOOL GRADUATES?
Yes. Drivers with less than 12 months experience and/or recent truck school graduates are able to obtain full time, solo driving positions with Dedicated Logistics Inc. (DLI) upon successful completion of our 3 week paid training program.
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR A DRIVER APPLICANT?
To maintain a safe workforce, we require all of our drivers to have and maintain the following minimum requirements:
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Must have at least 1 year tractor/trailer driving experience or the successful completion of our mentor program if less than a year of driving experience
- Age 21 or older
- No DOT Recordable Preventable Accidents within the past 5 years
- No more than 2 Property Damage or Fixed Object Accidents while operating a CMV within the past 3 years
- No DUI/DWI, Careless/Reckless driving citations or revoked/suspended license in the past 5 years
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No use of electronic device while driving violations
- Review and approval of the PSP Driver Violations Report
- Criminal Background Check Required
- Able to pass a complete DOT physical, drug screen and road test
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Good customer service skills
WHAT TYPES OF DRIVING POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT DLI?
DLI employs drivers in a number of different positions. We have general flat-bed freight, dry van, line hauls, multi-stop delivery routes, shuttling/spotting, and regional routes available.
- Dedicated Route Drivers: Drivers at DLI have the ability to work on a dedicated route for a dedicated customer. For most drivers, their route schedule is the same every day. This allows our drivers to get to know their customer's needs on an individual basis. Dedicated routes are either multi-stop delivery routes or line-haul routes. Our dedicated routes keep you home every day with no over-the-road requirements.
- Regional Route Drivers: Our regional routes are a combination of multi-stop delivery routes or line-haul routes. Our regional drivers are typically gone 1-2 nights per week and always home on the weekends.
- Flat-Bed Division: Our flat-bed operators are either local route drivers or regional route drivers. Common cargo consists of anything from construction materials to structural steel. Most flat-bed positions require at least one year of experience in flat-bed work.
HOW MUCH HOME TIME CAN I EXPECT?
Almost all of our drivers have routes that run five days a week and are home every day.
WOULD I HAVE A SET WORKING SCHEDULE?
Just about every driver has a set schedule or dedicated route to which they are assigned. All of our warehouse positions have a set shift that an employee is assigned to.
WHAT TYPE OF EQUIPMENT MIGHT I USE?
DLI prides itself on providing quality, well-maintained, and safe equipment of our drivers. Most tractors are day cab Sterling, Peterbilt, and International. We also have on-board digital logs and communication devices for our drivers. Our dedicated route drivers typically pull 28’, 48’, or 53’ foot trailers. All van trailers have side doors and lift gates for ease of freight delivery.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO MAKE AT DLI?
Pay rates vary by location and account. All of our open positions are advertised with the rate of pay. Visit Career Opportunities to view current opportunities.
DOES DLI OFFER BENEFITS?
Yes. DLI has an affordable and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance to employees and their families. In addition, full-time employees can participate in disability insurance coverage and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. We also provide paid holidays and vacation.
DO I NEED ENDORSEMENTS TO WORK FOR DLI?
We do not require hazmat endorsements as we do not carry a large enough quantity. We do encourage doubles endorsements because many line haul positions pull pups.