At Dedicated Logistics, Inc. (DLI), we’re not just another transportation company. Sure, we provide many of the same services other transportation and logistics companies provide—dedicated fleets, 3PL services and warehousing, but that's not where it ends. DLI is unique in that we provide something our competition does not: we solve problems.
DLI was founded in 1995 by president and CEO Tom Wintz. Tom had spent much of his life in various facets of the transportation industry, from working on a warehouse dock to selling transportation. Tom’s first-hand experience and knowledge of almost every area of the business gave him a unique perspective few in the industry have achieved.
Tom's vision then was to create a company that didn't just offer the products and services you'd expect from a transportation provider, but to take a more proactive approach to help his customers. Tom not only provided excellent service, he took the time to present ideas and creative solutions to customers. He knew efficiency and innovation could help customers recognize more savings than just cheap rates. He was right.
Today, DLI maintains that vision and has grown into one of the industry’s most respected transportation companies with operations throughout the Midwest and several lifetime customers. As part of his vision, Tom Wintz formed a team at the parent company Total Logistics, Inc. that includes some of the brightest talent in the industry. Across all areas of the company—from operations & dispatch to safety, IT and sales—our focus is on providing creative solutions to our customers. As strange as it may sound, at DLI, we like problems. We pride ourselves on being innovative thinkers who consistently discover creative approaches to solving YOUR problems. Problems are inherent with any business; good problem solvers, on the other hand, are far more rare.
We’re an industry leader in
transportation and logistics.
General Information: 651-631-5918
Sales Representative: 1-866-SHIP-DLI (744-7354)
- 1995 – Dedicated Logistics, Inc. (DLI) is established, providing customers with an innovative approach to transportation services
- 1997 – DLI introduces trailer tracking to customers
- 2000 – DLI initiates a shared transportation approach for our customers, resulting in significant cost savings
- 2004 – DLI president and CEO Tom Wintz named a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- 2005 – DLI introduces its proprietary software for route optimization
- 2008 – DLI is named an Innovator by Commercial Carrier Journal for originality in tackling challenges in the trucking industry
- 2008 – DLI receives Schneider Logistics’ Carrier of the Year award
- 2009 – DLI receives the Minnesota Trucking Association’s 2009 Fleet Safety Award for outstanding achievement in highway safety
- 2009 – DLI is awarded the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Best in Real Estate Award
- 2015 – Total Logistics, Inc. (TLI) formed as parent holding company for operating subsidiary entities: DLI (fleet services), Dedicated Logistics Warehousing, LLC (DLW) (warehousing, distribution and inventory management services), and Dedicated Logistics Services, LLC (DLS) (freight brokerage and third-party logistics services).